Thursday, December 8, 2016

NBA LINEUP CONSTRUCTION, THURSDAY 12/8


So instead of listing plays I liked today, I thought I would change it up and kind of go through the process of constructing my lineup.  And boy, what a day to deconstruct a lineup.  Here’s how it went down.

After looking at the slate and seeing that there would be value available, I decided to lock in John Wall and Anthony Davis.  These were the two best players on the slate tonight so I’m gonna work around those two.  After reading that Gordon Hayward would miss tonights game, as well as Rodney Hood, George Hill and Derek Favors, I knew a great source of value was gonna come from the Jazz.  Both Shelvin Mack and Joe Johnson were $3,500, with Joe Ingles and Boris Diaw both at the minimum of $3,000.

My first incarnation of my lineup was looking pretty good.  I had Wall and Davis and Marc Gasol as my three studs, then loaded up on Jazz and Sixers to fill it out.  Had Sergio Rodriguez, Joel Embiid and Ersan Illysova for Philly and Mack, Johnson and Ingles for the Jazz.  Felt pretty good about it and that was that.

But of course, in the NBA, things change quite quick heading into lineup lock.  First thing I noticed was Marc Gasol was questionable and a game-time decision.  Since his news wouldn’t come out until after lock I decided to pivot off of him.  Then news that both E’Twaun Moore and Jrue Holiday would both miss tonights game.  That put Tim Frazier and Langston Galloway on my radar.  Then news that Emmanuel Mudiay would be out, so Jameer Nelson and Jamal Murray came into play.  Needless to say, a lot of value options to go around.

So what I decided to do was pay all the way up to the four highest priced players on the slate that weren’t Warriors.  Those being John Wall, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony-Towns.  This will be the EPITOME of a stars-and-scrubs lineup.  Just had to fill in the value plays around those four.  Landed on three Jazz in Mack, Ingles and Diaw.  This is a huge pace up game for Utah and those three should all be playing major minutes tonight with all of the injuries.  It will be hard for them not to hit value.  Finished the lineup off with Jameer Nelson and Langston Galloway.  Again, both are in line for increased usage tonight due to injury.  It’s a value bonanza this evening!!

This is a risky play to be sure.  Of course Wall and Davis are in good matchups, Butler and Anthony-Towns are not.  All of these value plays need to come through in order to cash.  It’s easy to put those guys in the lineup, but it all comes down to putting up points.  Going 5x a min-salary doesn’t really help much.  So we’ll see how it goes.  Need a cash tonight as the last couple days have been brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment