Monday, December 5, 2016

NBA RESULTS, MONDAY 12/5


NBA120516 Results.jpgLineup tonight fell a little short.  A couple of things stood out.  First, don’t just throw somebody in the lineup because their price fits.  I NEVER play DeMarre Carroll.  Why should I start today?  He underwhelmed, as usual, in a tough matchup.  I should have looked for a better play elsewhere.  Secondly, don’t just force in obvious value plays when you don’t like the play.  Jerian Grant was starting for Rajon Rondo, but he’s not a very good NBA player and could only manage 11.75 fantasy points in 23 minutes.  I also mis-stepped with Sam Dekker, although I’m not too upset at that selection.  When I heard Trevor Ariza was starting I could have, maybe should have pivoted off of Dekker, but he has been playing well even with Ariza in the lineup so not so upset about his bad game.  The last thing is that I really like to have at least one player from a late game.  This lineup was in the top-10 before the late games started.  With nobody going, I just kept watching lineup after lineup pass me until I was out of the money.  Hayward would have been a nice addition for sure.

The rest of the lineup was good.  Nailed the OKC/ATL PG matchup as both Westbrook and Schroder exceeded value.  Wall also went 7x.  Will Barton was nearly 9x.  Embiid disappointed somewhat.  All in all, if I could have found somebody to replace Carroll and listened to myself about Grant, this lineup would have been in the money.  As is, down the $5.50 for the Single Entry and $2.75 in the Bounce Pass.  Gonna make that up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment