Sunday, December 4, 2016

NFL LINEUPS, WEEK 13

NFLCash120416.jpgI’ll be honest, I constantly struggle with lineup construction for the NFL on FantasyAces.  I don’t know if it’s the rostering of two QBs or the two flex spots or what.  It seems they have a tighter cap, which is fine.  If there is no clear value on the slate then it’s really hard to get all the guys you want.

So, having made that disclaimer, here is what I’ve come up with for my CASH LINEUP for Week 13.  At QB I always seem to be paying down and this week is no different.  It’s just impossible it seems to roster any of the Brees or Brady or Rodgers of the world and come away with a lineup that I like.  So I go down the list till I see somebody under-priced and research him.  This week (and last week to disastrous results) I fall upon Russell Wilson.  He had his worst game as a pro in Week 12 in a juicy matchup.  This week he returns home to face Carolina.  I’m going back to the well in a spot I think he rebounds.  My other QB is Tyrod Taylor.  He provides a good floor (as does Wilson) with his ground work.  In a matchup against a suspect Raiders defense he should hit value at his price.

Running back is where I always try to spend up, especially in cash games.   I didn’t last week and it burned me so I’m not making that mistake again so I locked in David Johnson against the Redskins.  It’s a good matchup and Johnson is just so heavily involved and productive he’s a guy that I’m fitting in no matter the cost.  Can’t afford LeVeon Bell as well so RB2 is gonna be Jordan Howard this week against another bad run defense in the Niners.  Another thing I like to do in cash games is play RBs in my flex spots as their production isn’t as volatile as WR production.  So I’m rolling Theo Riddick and Carlos Hyde.  Riddick is the only exposure I have to that Lions/Saints game which is troublesome, but at least I was able to fit him in there.  Hyde was more active in the passing game last week which adds to his attractiveness.

As far as pass catchers go, it always seems difficult to get up to the top echelon guys like Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Mike Evans.  This week it feels like Larry Fitzgerald is under-priced so I’m loading him in there.  I decided then to plug in the cheapest TE that I could stomach and that happens to be Antonio Gates.  He’s been a little volatile but he has a nose for the endzone.  For my final WR spot then I decided on none other than Dorial Green-Beckham.  He’s my wildcard this week for sure.  But what else do the Eagles have to offer this week?  Everybody seems to be injured and DGB looked good on MNF so in he goes.

That leaves $2,800 left for my defense.  Rolling with the Green Bay Packers at home against Brock Osweiler and the Texans.  And that’s that.


NFLGpp120416.jpgSo here’s my strategy when it comes to NFL GPP LINEUPS.  I like correlation plays.  So this week it worked out pretty well.  Here’s what I ended up with.

Wanted exposure to the Lions/Saints game at all cost.  Went with the Matthew Stafford side as it is cheaper.  So I pair him up with Marvin Jones, then add Willie Snead from the other side of the ball.  Paid down at the other QB spot with Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Not only is he cheap, but he’s playing the Colts who cannot defend anything.  In addition, the game in on Monday night giving the lineup the some comeback potential.  So I pair Fitz with Brandon Marshall then add TY Hilton from the Colts.  And that there takes care of my QBs, WRs and two FLEX positions.

At RB I like to pair one of my guys with his defense.  This week I’m going Devontae Booker and pairing him with the Broncos defense.  I’m thinking Booker will see all the touches he can handle as the Broncos turn the reigns over to Paxton Lynch.  The defense is my top-rated defense who I figure will be low owned based on the price.  I love targeting defenses against the Jaguars and Blake Bortles.
At TE I’m looking at Vernon Davis with Jordan Reed out for the Redskins.  The matchup is less than ideal, but that may be a good thing, keeping the masses off of my guy.

So with everything else locked and loaded, I turn to Legarrette Blount to round out the lineup.  This feels like one of the Blount games as the Patriots are projected to score the most points on the slate against a Rams team with a rookie QB.  If the Pats get up it should be Blount carrying the load.


And that is how I put together a GPP lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment